Thursday, July 31, 2008

OVERCOMING OUR HANDICAPS

I'd like to share this beautiful sermon/preach by our pastor last Sunday...hope that this will always remind you on how to overcome your struggles in life.


Mark 10:46-55 (New International Version)

Blind Bartimaeus Receives His Sight

46Then they came to Jericho. As Jesus and his disciples, together with a large crowd, were leaving the city, a blind man, Bartimaeus (that is, the Son of Timaeus), was sitting by the roadside begging. 47When he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to shout, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!"

48Many rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!"

49Jesus stopped and said, "Call him." So they called to the blind man, "Cheer up! On your feet! He's calling you." 50Throwing his cloak aside, he jumped to his feet and came to Jesus.

51"What do you want me to do for you?" Jesus asked him.
The blind man said, "Rabbi, I want to see."

52"Go," said Jesus, "your faith has healed you." Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road.



In overcoming our handicaps or weaknesses in life, we should consider these factors:



(1) CONCENTRATE NOT ON YOUR WEAKNESSES. v.47

Bartimeaus is a blind man, but though he had this disadvantage, he never let it stop him from coming to Jesus. He used what he has to catch His attention. He used his strength for him to achieve his goal, and that is by the use of his voice.




(2) CONQUER PUBLIC OPINION. v.48

Following opinion of public would lead us to nowhere. We don't have to follow anybody or do what others most do. If Bartimaeus followed what the crowd was telling, he wouldn't had gotten close to Jesus.



(3) CAST OFF YOUR GARMENT. v.50

As what Bartimaeus did, when Jesus called him, he had no second thought on following Jesus despite that he had his misfortune. Jesus wants us to follow and trust Him wholeheartedly, without having doubt, without having uncertainty.



(4) COME TO JESUS. v.51

If we want to achieve our goals in life, just come to Jesus and everything will be fine. Jesus wants us to always remember, that we are His children.




Praise & Worship Song:

The Potter's Hand

Verse:
Beautiful Lord, Wonderful Saviour
I know for sure, all of my days are held in your hands, crafted
into your perfect plan
You gently call me into your presence guiding me by Your Holy Spirit
Teach me dear Lord to live all of my life through Your eyes
I'm captured by Your holy calling
Set me apart, I know you're drawing me to yourself
Lead me Lord I pray

Chorus:
Take me, Mould me, use me, fill me
I give my life to the Potter's hand
Call me, guide me, lead me, walk beside me
I give my life to the Potter's hand

you gently call me into your presence guidin me by your holy spirit
teach me dear lord to live through your eyes
i'm captured by you holy calling
set me apart, I know your drawing me to yourself
lead me lord i pray


No comments: